Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Happy Easter!

Easter has always been a big deal in my family. Being brought up Catholic, Easter always meant countless hours at Church, giving up something important and lastly lots of Chocolate. When i was young i didn't really focus on what Easter was all about according to the Church, now that i am older i realize more what the true meaning of Easter is all about and while I still have some doubts as to why God would actually want us to give something up (thats for another post) it has more meaning then it used to and with the kids it is way more exciting!

Getting to choose how my kids celebrate Ester has been a really fun treat for me. I decided to keep some aspects of my childhood and disregard others.  My kids will be taught all the teachings of the church and when they are older i will let them decide if they want to adopt more of the religious aspect. But for the time being Easter at our house means the Easter Bunny and egg hunts and presents and chocolates.

We spent Easter morning at our house, just the four of us, hunting for eggs and presents. Ava loved searching the basement for Easter treats and we loved watching her excitement every time she found one. Knox was pretty oblivious to the whole thing but he would laugh every time Ava cheered.




We meet up with the rest of my family at the parentals house for Easter dinner. The older kids put a scavenger hunt together for the little ones. And the parents threw eggs around the yard for the littles to gather. All in all it was a pretty awesome Easter and thankfully Ava got way more chocolate then she can handle so there is plenty for mom and dad too:)





I can't wait until next year when Knox is right in there too! Hope you all had a great Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment