Friday, January 31, 2014

TV Life


I have a tendency to get addicted to TV shows. When I was young I filled my nights with Party of Five, 90210 (the original) and Melrose Place. I then made my way to Dawson's Creek, Felicity and One Tree Hill. I used these shows as I guiding light for my life. I thought that my life should be similar to the shows I watched. I loved the notion of best friends forever, finding your soul mate at 17, all of those pop teen clichés. I compared my life to theirs and got frustrated when my life didn't compare to what I saw on my TV screen.


As I got older and had more experience with different people and different relationships I started learning that not only is "TV life" very unbelievable but its not always the best. Like I said in my Happily Ever After Post I am so glad I didn't meet Matt when I was 17, and frankly just thinking about what my life would be like if I had married my high school sweet heart, makes me shudder. While I did have good friends in high school, I made my best friends after.  The older I get the more comfortable I become with myself and who I am.

So I guess what I am trying to get at is, while I still have an addiction to great TV shows (I am currently watching Grey's Anatomy, Pretty Little Liars, and way more shows then I care to admit) I no longer covet what they have. I am happy with my life,  the people that I am surrounded by and the soul mate I found later in life. I will always enjoy a good show I just no longer want to be in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment