Saturday, February 15, 2014

A Valentines Day Note






When I was young I always envisioned what it would be like to be married. I thought about how sweet it would be to wake up to someone everyday and have someone to share my thoughts with every night. When Matt and I first moved in together I got excited at just seeing our clothes hanging side by side in the closet. It felt like everyday was a new adventure. At the end of this month we will have been together for 8 years, living together for almost 6. To say the novelty of seeing our clothes together has worn off is a bit of an understatement, to say we have had a perfect marriage would be a lie. We have our ups and downs just like everyone. We have gone to bed angry and woke up livid. We have shared hurtful remarks and a few tears but we love each other and that gets us through it all.

I know we have many more years to weather the storm together and I don’t predict an easy ride but I also know how much I love my husband and how much he loves me. I know that he would do anything for me and the kids, I know that he is the only person in the world that truly “gets" me and puts up with all my crazy quirks and I know that at the end of every day he is the only one I want to see.

Because Valentines day just passed and all that lovey dovey stuff is still in the air it is reminding me how much I love him and helping me to forget that he leaves his socks all over the house. Thus while I am in this love kind of mood I thought I would jot down a few reasons why I love him, so that the next time we are having a tough day I can look at it and remember why I love this man.

Matt is 100% dependable and trustworthy. He is the best father I know (no offence dad), this man of mine does it all and there is nothing he wouldn’t do for his kids. He is funny. He makes me laugh daily and I love that and he is still as handsome as the day I meet him.

So dear husband of mine, here is my love letter to you, a little unconventional I know but we have never really followed the rules anyways.

Happy Valentines Day Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment